Our goal is to prepare our pupils to engage effectively with the dynamic world unfolding around them, equipping them with the skills and confidence to grasp their opportunities, and the knowledge and sensitivity to recognise their responsibilities. Strong foundations are laid in literacy and numeracy. A broad curriculum, including investigative science and design and technology encourages a wide-ranging mindset. ICT becomes a tool to be used whenever it is needed. Languages feature prominently. The arts - music, especially - are there to foster creativity and build learning power. Sport is provided to develop fitness, decision-making, and teamwork.
We place great emphasis on pastoral care, seeking to identify, nurture and celebrate each child's gifts and talents within a caring community based on Christian values. We develop an active partnership with parents, recognising that only with a full understanding of your son's or daughter's personality and enthusiasms will we be able to make his or her learning a true adventure.
What makes Blue Coat Special?
At Blue Coat, we offer an excellent, rounded education for each child, providing care, encouragement and support on an individual basis.
- We celebrate effort, progress and achievement in all areas of school life.
- We develop in children an awareness of the needs of the wider world.
- Our children regularly gain places at both grammar and independent schools.
- Our vast range of clubs and activities enables children to develop their interests outside the classroom.
- Our pupils have access to many facilities that rival those of the best senior schools.
- Each January, we offer up to six Scholarships for academic and musical excellence to children aged 7+.
- We offer Assisted Places from age 7+ to able and deserving children from Birmingham and beyond.