Set in 30 acres of beautiful grounds on the borders of Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire, and occupying the former Westbury Manor House, Beachborough is a leading Co-Educational Preparatory school in the area.
SMALL CLASSES AND QUALIFIED STAFF:
* maximum class size of 16 * staff:pupil ratio of 1:10
PRE-PREPARATORY AND NURSERY DEPARTMENTS
* entry from 2.5 * strong foundation in English, Mathematics and Science * specialist teaching for French, Music, Technology and Sport
EXCELLENT ACADEMIC RESULTS
* Scholarships and Common Entrance to major public schools * entries to Oundle, St Edward's, Stowe, Oxford High, Bloxham, Rugby, etc * setting and specialist staff in all subjects * comprehensive Learning Support Department * diagnostic testing for all 5 year olds
SUPERB MUSIC AND ART
* 84% of the Main School pupils learn at least one instrument * 10 visiting music teachers * choirs, orchestras, instrumental groups * regular music, art and design awards
* 20 sports offered (including archery, squash, gymnastics and judo) * ballet, tap and jazz dance * ICT in well equipped room * termly drama productions * activity programme (Brownies, electronics, photography, etc) * encouragement to develop individual and particular talents * astroturf recently completed.
STRONG PASTORAL CARE
* friendly and caring atmosphere * helping the child to become involved and supportive to others * clear policy on bullying * maintaining a Christian ethos * daily corporate assemblies * House system encourages healthy competition
FLEXIBLE AND WEEKLY BOARDING FROM 7 YEARS OLD
* friendly dormitories in year groups * evening room for social gatherings
* developing independence and personal responsibility * evening activity programme * full matronic cover (medical, laundry, etc).
BEACHBOROUGH: PROVIDING CHALLENGE AND CARE FOR YOUR CHILD