Badington House School

Special Educational Needs by Condition

The term 'special educational needs' (SEN) refers to children who have learning difficulties or disabilities that make it harder for them to learn than most children of the same age. If a child has a special educational need they may need extra help at school. Depending on the type level of difficulties this can be provided with the help of specialists within mainstream school or within a school that caters specifically for certain special educational needs (see special educational needs school options )

If you think your child may have a special educational need (SEN) that has not been identified, you should contact your doctor or health visitor or to the person in your child’s nursery who is responsible for special educational needs.

Here are some links where you can will be able to find more information on identifying special educational needs and find help and support:
Special educational needs and disabilities guide for parents and carers 
Contact a family 
BBC - Schools Parents - How to identify SEN

Home   »     »