DCPS is an independent prep school with a national reputation excellence.
While the Prep is essentially a boys' school, with about 850 pupils aged between 3 and 13, we start with the Nursery which also caters for girls. There are three other sections to the school: the Annexe (Years 1&2), the Lower School (Years 3&4) and the Upper School (Years 5-8). In addition we have a well equipped boarding house set in 13 acres of grounds with tennis courts and playing fields. We are delighted to offer weekly boarding for up to 30 boys.
At 13+ our boys go on to more than fifty excellent day and boarding schools throughout the country. Alleyn’s, Charterhouse, Dulwich College, Eton College, Marlborough College, Tonbridge, St Paul’s, Wellington College, Westminster and Winchester College are just a selection of our leavers’ destination schools. In the 2008/9 academic year our leavers gained more than forty five academic, musical, artistic and sporting scholarships and awards.
Situated in SE21, we have the very best in educational facilities. These include 4 science labs, a dedicated music school, a large sports hall, a studio theatre, 2 ICT suites, a superb art studio, a six lane 25m swimming pool and more than 25 acres of playing fields, quite unique given our privileged location.
Some of the opportunities available to our pupils are:
• We run more than 25 sports teams each term with the top teams regularly doing well in national competitions. Recent sports tours include cricket to South Africa, football to Dubai, swimming in the USA and rugby to France.
• More than 600 individual music lessons take place every week and boys have opportunity to perform regularly in a range of groups and ensembles.
• Approaching 30 groups perform regularly in our own 300 seat concert hall. Many also appear on the programme for our gala concerts at prestigious venues such as The Royal Festival Hall and The London Palladium. Recent music tours include the Big Band’s trip to South Africa.
• We provide more than 100 clubs and extra-curricular, stimulating boys’ intellectual and sporting interests. These include: karate, golf, woodwork, chess, rocketry, judo, DT, Bridge, drama and fencing.
• We run 4 residential trips within the curriculum that are built in to the fee structure. 12 more trips, ranging from cultural visits to white water rafting, are offered during the holidays.
• Drama productions are staged annually from Reception to Year Six as well as an Upper School play in the spring
Entry is mainly at three, four, five, seven and eight, although occasionally vacancies occur at other ages. All applicants are interviewed before a firm offer of a place is made. Several bursaries are awarded annually to boys aged seven and eight who reach the required standard but who otherwise, for financial reasons, would be unable to come to the school. Weekly boarding is offered to boys from eight years of age.
Dulwich College Preparatory School Trust is a registered charity which was established to provide for the advancement of education of children in the UK and elsewhere.
No Events listed